The Jubilee Fund provides flexible financing in the form of loan guarantees and/or bridge financing for worthy projects who do not qualify for traditional financing. We do not provide grants.
Business and Community Building
We are looking for people and organizations with projects that combine good business potential with a boost to the community. Small business, non-profit housing projects, development and expansion of daycare operations, worker training and co-operative ownership programs are all suitable.
If your project comes with a sound business plan and community benefits - we should talk.
Guidelines for Loans
Each application is assessed on its social goals and its financial viability. Each applicant must demonstrate the skills needed to carry out the day-to-day operation and management of the project they are proposing. Our goal is to ensure that projects are not only financially viable, but that they contribute to social goals in the local community.
We Can Help - Getting Started
Just call us to talk about your idea. A complete business plan is required to access our financial support, and while we don't assist clients with business plan preparation we will help you with contacts and information to get you started. Once a loan is approved, the Jubilee Fund network of people will also do its best to help you succeed by providing business tips, advice and mentoring.
Each application is assessed on its social goals and its financial viability.
Each applicant must demonstrate the skills needed to carry out the day-to-day operation and management of the project they are proposing.
Projects supported by the Fund fall into three categories:
- Small Business. The Jubilee Fund provides loan guarantees that enable small business owners, worker co-ops and other community based enterprises in Winnipeg and the surrounding area to access traditional loans from financial institutions.
- Affordable Housing. The Fund works with community organizations and housing co-ops to provide bridge funding and loans that are used for renovations and new construction units for in-fill housing, low-income family housing, co-op housing, non-profit rental housing, seniors housing and housing for special needs groups.
- Community projects including the development and expansion of non-profit daycare operations; employment training, recreation programs and services in the community.
Ethical Investments in Manitoba
The Jubilee Fund invests in people with initiatives containing the following attributes:
- Human dignity
- Sound business plan.
- Environmental integrity
- Local employment and training
- Local and democratic ownership
- Use of locally-produced goods and services
For further information, please contact Derek Pachal, Community Outreach Manager, telephone 204-975-2650 to arrange an appointment or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org